18", elm, dragon heartstring (formerly)
- "She isn't part of this family any longer and as far as I'm concerned, neither are you."
- — Lucius to Draco Malfoy.[[|[src]]]
Lucius Malfoy II (b. 1954) was a pure-blood wizard, and son of Abraxas Malfoy, husband of Narcissa Black and the father of Draco and Lyra Malfoy. Lucius was educated at Hogwarts, where he was a prefect in Slytherin House. As an adult, Lucius was an aristocratic wizard and head of the Malfoy Family, believing strongly in notions of blood purity and the superiority of pure-blood wizards. He joined the Death Eaters, who shared his views on blood purity, and participated in the First Wizarding War.
After Lord Voldemort's first defeat, Lucius managed to avoid imprisonment by claiming that he had been acting under the Imperius Curse. He and his family remained members of the social elite, though Lucius continued to demonstrate his prejudice. He attempted to sabotage Arthur Weasley's career by slipping Arthur's daughter an old school diary of Tom Riddle's, opening the Chamber of Secrets in 1992, and in 1994, he participated in the humiliation of a Muggle family after the Quidditch World Cup.
When Voldemort returned, Lucius once again served him as a Death Eater, leading the efforts to obtain the prophecy Voldemort sought. In the battle that ensued, the prophecy was destroyed, and Lucius and his comrades were imprisoned in Azkaban in 1996. Although Voldemort broke them out of prison in 1997, he was displeased with Lucius for his failure and treated the Malfoys with disdain. Lucius and his family defected at the end of the Second Wizarding War and were thus pardoned for their crimes after Voldemort's final defeat. He and Narcissa later had a grandson, Scorpius Malfoy, after Draco married Astoria Greengrass.
In 1977, Narcissa gave birth to their first child, Lyra Malfoy. Lyra, however, was a squib and a disgrace to the family, much like Lucius' sister, Mistral. Wanting to avoid the disgrace of having a squib in the family, Lucius dumped the child with his sister in 1980, after their magical son Draco was born.
- The Boy No One Knew
- Year 1: Chapter 1 (First mentioned)
- Year 1: Chapter 5 - Looking for Trouble (Mentioned only)
- Year 1: Chapter 10 - Angels and Demons (Mentioned only)
- Year 1: Chapter 12 - Laughter, Tears and Moments of Bonding (Mentioned only)
- Year 2: Chapter 1 - Summer's Finally Over (First appearance)
- Summer Break: Chapter 1 - Teacher
- Summer Break: Chapter 3 - The Painful Truth
- Evil Little Follower
- Chapter 1 - A Child Called Evil (First appearance)
- Chapter 2 - Born to be Used
- Chapter 3 - Brilliant Peace; Leaving
- Dark Paradise
- Christmas Break: Chapter 3 - Unwanted Guests (First appearance)
All information on this character was taken from the story The Boy No One Knew, Evil Little Follower and Dark Paradise. All images shown on this Wiki for this character were taken from the Harry Potter movies.Please note that everything in this Wiki about this character is accurate and has many sources for its information. Thank you.